Cloud, Cloud computing & cloud base:
Cloud computing - storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of computer's hard drive.
Why "Cloud"? From the early days of the internet and the basic flowcharts which were used in those ancient days, the cloud represents the Internet. And from the flowchart it turned very quickly also to the technical terms like "Cloud base", "Cloud Computing"… so if we will describe it in a mathematical term: Cloud=Internet.
Internet of things (IoT):
There is no universal Internet of Things definition (IoT) and it is not that easy to define IoT because it has become an umbrella term for many realities which, in the end, have little in common.
We can find common definitions such as:
Oxford Dictionary: A proposed development of the Internet in which everyday objects have network connectivity, allowing them to send and receive data. (Internet of things)
Wikipedia: uniquely identifiable objects and their virtual representations in an Internet-like structure.(Internet of Things)
SAP AG: A world where physical objects are seamlessly integrated into the information network, and where the physical objects can become active participants in business processes. Services are available to interact with these 'smart objects' over the Internet, query and change their state and any information associated with them, taking into account security and privacy issues.
But the definition we in RealiteQ find as the most appropriate one is the way Microsoft define IoT:
" The Internet of Things (IoT) starts with your things—the things that matter most to your business. IoT is about making your data come together in new ways. Tap into data with IoT dashboards. Uncover actionable intelligence. And modernize how you do business."
Industrial IoT (IIoT):
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is the use of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies in manufacturing.
Also known as the Industrial Internet, IIoT incorporates machine learning and big data technology, harnessing the sensor data, machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and automation technologies that have existed in industrial settings for years. The driving philosophy behind the IIoT is that smart machines are better than humans at accurately, consistently capturing and communicating data. This data can enable companies to pick up on inefficiencies and problems sooner, saving time and money and supporting business intelligence efforts. In manufacturing specifically, IIoT holds great potential for quality control, sustainable and green practices, supply chain traceability and overall supply chain efficiency.
RealiteQ - leading developer of IoT, IIoT & IoW end to end real time solutions
The water market is one of the most conservative markets there is, much more than the power market or the telecommunication market and others.
RealiteQ has started to developed its IoT and IIoT technology about 10 years ago, at the early days of the IoT technology, and have put as an ambition target to bring the IoT also to these conservative water market, and called it Internet of Water or IoW. Today, RealiteQ IoT becomes a common technology used by water & wastewater utilities around the globe. Today RealiteQ is a leading IoT, IIoT & IoW end to end real time solutions.
Reali Technologies Ltd. invests and still dose, many efforts and resources in providing the RealiteQ highly secured Cloud based SCADA & Telemetry solution, using several security levels
- Reliable Service – Multiple hosting. We have three different servers there, one for real time, one for history and one for backup these two servers. Our servers are running at Amazon but for different customers and territories, we have two more separated hosting's, one in Germany and one in Israel.
- Each project has its own database.
- Most advanced Security procedures applied which the main ones are: No static IP, SSL, 128 hash code S-Key, no transparent connection, All are clients but the COMP, password encryption, adaptive delays and blocking of users with wrong passwords, and more...
- The software can't track ICEX device real time location (RealiteQ Producers need no fix IP, preventing hacker attacks.)
- Remote operational alert – any remote operation of critical values will generate notification to the relevant personal (under test).
- Option for monitoring only (Model "M") – remote operation is blocked and only remote monitoring is running.